Municipal Court

Roberts Municipal Court

107 East Maple Street
Roberts WI, 54023
Phone: (715) 749-3108
Fax: (715) 749-3108

[email protected]

Court Office Hours:

Monday - 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM


If you have a question or request for the Court Clerk, please leave a message at 715.749.3108.  If you have a payment and the office is closed, place it in an envelope with your name and phone number on it and drop it in our lock-box outside the Municipal Court Door.  Thank You!



Court Clerk


Court Calendar 2019 - 2020
All Court Sessions start at 6:00 PM


  • March 28
  • April 25
  • May 23
  • June 20
  • July 18
  • August 22
  • September 19
  • October 24
  • November 21
  • December 19


  • January 23
  • February 27
  • March 26
  • April 23

Make Payments Simply

Now available - GovPayNet


Use your credit, debit or pre-paid debit card.
Go to -
You will need to enter a Pay Location Code #.  Enter - PLC 7017.
Fee for Service - Interest Service Fee:  3.5% (Minimum of $3.50)


When is my Court Date?
Your court date should be on the upper portion of the front of your citation.

Do I have to appear?
If "Yes" is printed in the "Appearance Request Box", then you must appear in court.  If you fail to appear the court may issue a summons for you to appear and/or sign a warrant for your arrest.

What if I can't make my court date?
You can contact the court at 715-749-3108 and request a continuance.

Where do I have to show up?
The Village of Roberts which is located at 107 East Maple Street, in Roberts.

What if I don't appear?
If not a mandatory appearance, you may be found guilty by default and ordered to pay the forfeiture (Bond/Deposit value) on your citation. You will be given notice that you have 60 days to pay your forfeiture. If it is a mandatory appearance, a summons or warrant for your arrest, will be issued.

What do I do at court?
In court there will be a handout to read and the judge will also explain the procedures before cases are called. If it is your first appearance for this citation you will be asked to enter a plea to the charge(s) against you. You may plead Not Guilty, Guilty, or No Contest.

Not Guilty plea- your case will be set for a pretrial meeting with the village attorney, where you can discuss your case and perhaps reach an agreement. If you do not reach an agreement your case will go to trial.

Guilty plea- if the judge accepts your plea you will be found guilty. You will then have an opportunity to state any mitigating circumstances you feel the judge should consider before sentencing you. The judge will then sentence you

No Contest plea- this is NOT an admission of guilt but a statement that you are not going to fight the citation. It is handled like a guilty plea but it can NOT be used against you if some other legal action should arise from the incident involving the citation.

Can I just mail something in?
You may enter a plea by mail if you wish; please clearly state your plea and include your name and citation number. You may mail in the amount on your citation if you wish to plead No Contest and just pay the forfeiture.

When do I have to pay?
The court normally will give you 60 days to pay any forfeiture. Often the court is willing to set up payment plans.

What if I miss a payment?
If you miss a payment, contact the court at 715-749-3108 as soon as possible. If for some reason you can't make a payment please contact the court. The court is willing to work with you as long as you show a genuine intent to pay the forfeiture.

What happens if I just don't pay?
The court may summon you to appear, suspend your driver’s license, send the matter to debt collections and /or order your arrest and commitment to jail.